Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Welcome to my neighborhood,

I have so much to write.. I have so much that I don't even know where to begin!

Rockey the Rooster, If he doesn't get quiet, I might have to eat him


water pump/well where people get their water supply. Don't worry I have running water and AC

Rocky and his girlfriend

People are always sweeping, like every 1-2hrs

stray dogs resting in a rickshaw

my street around 7am
First of all, I would like to show you guys around my house and introduce Rocky the rooster, who starts crowing around 4 and never stops. Also it's monsoon season so it freaking rains all the time.. and it will until... decemeber! And I have seen too many corpes of frogs, how did they end up dead in the middle of the street? I wonder..

My street around 2pm
I started working with this amazingly driven, dedicated, ambitious and young group of people who share the common goal of improving health care for the rural areas of Southern India. I am humbled and honored to be a part of this group for a period of time. If I had any notion of arrogance in my coming here, It is now replaced with tremendous respect for them. I will and am already learning so much more from these people than what I can give. The only thing is that these people work like 10 to 8 everyday! I can't do it. I am sticking to my 8hr/5d schedule. Call me spoiled but I ain't doing no overtime! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment