Sunday, September 26, 2010

Let's do Chennai

I only added a few pictures here on my blog, you can see all my pictures of Chennai on Facebook link here, http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=519266544#!/album.php?aid=208923&id=519266544&ref=mf

So Let's talk about Chennai... It's definitely NOT on your top 10 places to go in India. so when you're in India and don't make it to Chennai, don't feel bad. 
This is the 4th largest metropolitan city in India, the capital of the state Tamil Nadu. Also has the longest shore line for a city. This is also where St.Thomas preached and was killed. However, it is very hard to navigate. My short stay here ends tonight when I head out with the group of people from work to Thanjavur, where I plan to stay for the majority of time during working months.  My general impression of Chennai is that this is  a city for work, not for leisure tourism. Tamil Nadu has a very strong culture but I was not able to appreciate any of them due to being busy staying alive. The most interesting part of this city is Mylapore, one of the oldest area where the city started. The following pictures are all of Mylapore. The contrast of life in India was most visible in this part of the city. It felt most authentic as well. I can't say I will miss Chennai, and I am actually looking forward to going to a sleepy town.





Kapaleeshwarar Temple, dedicated to Shiva

2 comments:

  1. Please stay out of the alley ways! Do you think that one building (with the women on the balcony)recently burned, or was very close to something that burned? Shiva's temple is impressive, are you allowed to go inside? Where will you be staying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jin, what a fun adventure!
    Are you enjoying your work there?

    War Eagle! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete