Thursday, September 23, 2010

First day is... well... interesting

First of all, the flight was probably the best flight ever, had 2 seats for myself, watched about 5 movies and slpet well. The only events were being frisked by two german security ladies at the airport (She did not have to feel my butt 5 times!) and a creepy pilot kept breathing into the microphone whenever making annoucements. The fun begins here in Chennai. Walking out of the guesthouse is a suidecide attempt in itself. Cars, motorcycles, bicycles and buses just keep coming at you. I love how the lanes are just a suggestion that no one follows. I bargained hard with rickshaw drivers or at least I think I did, found the office, got a cellphone(my number is 91 99524 64239, I know the numbers are so long, they look like a fake #), and ate very very spicy but awesome shrimp marsala. I was practically crying at the restaurant and the waiters kept apologizing and gave me free mango ice cream. Now I'm so pooped out from multiple suidecide attempts or rather homicide attemtps by a mass of motor vehicles.. oh, I saw about 5 dogs that I would live to rescue. Thank godness I got rabies shot, who knows what I would do when I get confused from heat stroke




pictures do not do justice for the organized chaos on the roads

School bus is internationally yellow



These school boys saw my carmera and wanted me to take pictures of them

street corner store


1 comment:

  1. the pictures make it look exciting and almost makes me wanna go. i miss you jin!

    ReplyDelete