Monday, March 14, 2011

Leaving India behind

Palolem, Goa
Backwaters of Kerala
Tea trees in Munnar, Kerala
Jin loving India
I'm not ready yet. That's all I can say about leaving India. The last 6 months just flew by. Someone wrote once that hating India is the easiest thing to do while in India. I totally and completely agree with it. But you soon realize that one emotion is never enough to describe India. There's absolute beauty, once you look past the trash, public urination and defecation, chaos on the roads, constant beeping, and the feeling of being cheated. All in all, this truly is a god's own country with vast amount of natural resources and abundant cultures. I will miss my corner dosa shop, amazing group of friends, southern Indian coffee, and organized chaos. So India, we've had our ups and downs but I love you. Thank you for everything you've taught me. AND this is not the end but just the beginning of our journey together. See you later...

4 comments:

  1. Jin I so agree with you - as soon as I touched down in India over 20 years ago I was overcome with a feeling I had come home - wherever I go I have the same feeling in this amazing land all the noise, the beggars and other unmentionables are totally irrelevant. It is in the trees, the land, the wild life, the people, the air - the truth is we are all from the same whole and in India you feel it - it touches your very heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to visit India one day! I just love your background image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw a lot of Indians here in the city of Davao...businessmen, students studying medically.related courses...just got to learn the diversity of India thru social media...nice country with nice people like my country Philippines....

    ReplyDelete