Thursday, January 6, 2011

What I did during Christmas and NYE

Thanjavur -->Tiruchirappalli --> Bengalore -->Mysore -->Chikmagalur --> Aldur -->Kadabgere/Bhadra -->Hasan -->Kushalnagar-->Madkeri -->Bylakupee --> Madikeri --> Bengalore --> Chennai --> back home in Thanjavur

 'One state, Many Worlds...' Southern Karnataka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karnataka) is what I did during Christmas vaca. The half of the trip was spent on local buses that had no suspensions and questionable working brakes but it was a blast. My favorites are Bengalore 100rupee fliflop shopping, Camping and eating river fish at Bhadra River Camp (http://www.bhadrarivercamp.com), Hillside town of Madikeri, Coffee plantations of Coorg and Tibetan monks in Bylakupee.  
No No.. life is not all rosy, however. My iPhone was stolen while I was sleeping on one of the local buses, I couldn't keep up with different climate changes in a week and got a cold. The finale of my trip was food poisoning that kept me in bed or on the toilet for 48hrs. But it was one of the best trips EVER!!!
Now back to work, trying to finish my last month at work with a big BANG! 


Me with Coffee tree, can I plant one in my yard?

Commercial street in Bengalore on Christmas Eve

COFFEE!!!!! Beans are inside

Sunset view from Raja Seat in Madikeri

Golden Tibetan Buddist Temple


Fishermen running away after they refused to give us fish they owed us


Little teenage monks in training during their tea chanting

More Pictures found on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=500545411544&set=a.500545346544.259880.519266544#!/album.php?aid=259880&id=519266544 
 

1 comment:

  1. OMG! OMG!What an experience. You are having a blast. I hope the next trip will be Africa

    ReplyDelete